What Sets AULA’s BA Program Apart?
Our Program Mission
Guiding and supporting our educational direction is Antioch University’s long-standing commitment to social justice, socially conscious leadership, community engagement, global citizenship, and courageous action on behalf of this mission. The BA in Liberal Studies curriculum and instructors encourage you to link knowledge to agency and challenge you to demonstrate your own commitment to personal responsibility, concern for the rights of others, and the goal of achieving social justice in our communities and our world.
The diversity of the students who enter the undergraduate program is what makes our academic learning community so dynamic. The richness of their life experiences energizes discussion with wide-ranging perspectives.
Here is a sample of the kinds of students you will meet on campus:
- Working adults looking for flexible learning options and formats
- Career movers looking for more rewarding employment or better pay
- Community organizers who value Antioch University’s commitment to social justice and community engagement
- Individuals in transition
- Students transferring directly from two-year institutions
- First-generation college students who welcome the individualized attention AULA provides
- Aspiring professionals preparing for graduate study
- Those who left their education behind at some point in life and now want to complete what they once began