Minor Areas of Concentration

Students may customize their course of study by developing a minor area of concentration in consultation with their advisor.
A minor area of concentration requires earning at least 20 units in the concentration; at least half of the units should be upper division and include appropriately chosen core courses as recommended by the student’s advisor. We currently offer minor concentrations in Queer Studies and Child Studies.

Additionally, any of the specialized major areas of concentrationPsychology, Creative Writing, Business and Social EntrepreneurshipUrban Studies, and our new Addiction Studies – can also be designated as a minor.