Our BA completion program provides a flexible way for adult learners to complete an undergraduate degree without disrupting their personal and professional lives. Compared to other schools, the BA program keeps requirements to a minimum. Students have maximum flexibility to shape their course of study to their individual needs, with the support and guidance of a faculty mentor.
What you need to complete your bachelor’s degree at AULA:
- 180 quarter units minimum required to graduate
- 90 or more of your credits must be upper-division units, meaning 300- and 400-level courses. Almost all of our courses are upper division.
- EDU 380A, Educational Foundations (first quarter), to set you on the path of claiming your education
- Six units in each of six domains of knowledge (many or all of these may be transferred in), so that you acquire the breadth of knowledge and skills to be an effective participant in your community, your career, and in the globalized world of the 21st century
- Six units of self-directed non-classroom learning such as an internship, prior learning, or independent study, so that you learn to apply your learning to your lived experience and to real-world problems
- At least one academic writing course, depending on assessment, starting your second quarter, so that you can communicate your ideas effectively
- At least 45 units earned in residence at Antioch University through courses, workshops, internships, or independent studies offered through our program. Prior learning units do not count toward residency.
These are the basics of what it takes to earn a bachelor’s degree at Antioch University Los Angeles. For more detailed information and the complete degree requirements visit the Antioch University Los Angeles catalog.