Admissions Process for the
Combined Teacher Credentialing/MA in Education Program
& MA in Education, Leadership and Change Program
(For the Admissions Process for the Teacher Credentialing programs only, click here.)
We are currently accepting applications for the following terms:
|Fall 2014||July 28, 2014||July 28, 2014||Applications still being accepted||October 6, 2014|
|Winter 2015||October 27, 2014||October 27, 2014||November 21, 2014||January 5, 2015|
*In addition to satisfying AULA’s admission requirements for a specific academic program, International Students have additional, general requirements that must be met for admission.
*In order to be eligible for the New Student Grant, the admissions application and financial aid paperwork must be submitted by the Priority Deadline.
There are three easy steps to apply:
- Complete the Online Application.
- Complete and submit Part 1 and Part 2 of the online application
- Submit $60 non-refundable Application Fee
- Note: The application fee is waived for anyone attending an information session. Interested in attending? Sign up now!
- The application fee is also waived for all AULA alumni.
- Complete and submit the Admissions Essay.
- Send in all official transcripts. Request one copy of official transcripts to be sent directly to the Admissions Office at Antioch University Los Angeles from all other previously attended institutions of higher education, including the institution from which you received your accredited bachelor’s degree. A student copy of a transcript may be submitted with your application, but official transcripts are required upon admission. A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher is generally required for admission to the MA in Educational Leadership, and Change Program. If your GPA is lower, you may still apply to the Program by providing an explanation that fully discloses your belief that your GPA does not represent your true academic abilities.
- Submit the required supplemental materials
- Submit a current resume. Your resume should include all paid and volunteer positions. Specify name(s) of organization(s), dates of affiliation, your title(s) and responsibilities, and the names and phone numbers of your supervisors.
- Submit two Recommendation Forms. Select at least two people to complete Recommendation Forms on your behalf. Recommendation Forms should be sent directly to the Admissions Office by individuals who can comment on your qualifications for the program. If you have experience with children and/or in a school, be sure that one of your recommendations describes your skills in that context. Additional Recommendation Forms may enhance the quality of your application.
- Combined Teacher Credentialing/MA in Education Program only – Regarding required exams, a minimal standard for admissions is documented evidence of having registered for, taken or passed the CBEST (or CSET Writing Skills exam, sub-test 4) and the Multiple Subject CSET exams. Applicants who meet all requirements for admission to the program are fully admitted. Applicants who have taken but not passed CBEST may be provisionally admitted which allows them to enroll in all program coursework while they are preparing for and retaking the examination. Provisionally admitted candidates who pass the CBEST in their first quarter (and who complete all other provisions of their acceptance) are fully admitted and continue in the program. Candidates are required to have passed the CBEST exam by the beginning of their second quarter. On a case by case basis candidates who have not passed the CBEST are provided with support through the writing and/or math center and other individualized support services. Petitions to extend a provisional admit may be submitted and reviewed by the chair. CBEST and CSET preparation books are available in the Department and may be checked out. Candidates are responsible for providing passing score information to the credential analyst.
Please submit all materials to: Admissions Office, 400 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230.
All application materials submitted become part of an applicant’s file and cannot be returned.