AULA offers a wide variety of certificate programs that allow you to continue your professional and personal development. Currently we offer certificate programs in fields related to Creative Writing, Psychology, and Urban Sustainability. Students in our certificate programs gain specialized skills, enabling them to expand their knowledge base, advance professionally, and have a greater impact on the individuals and communities they serve.
Please visit the below pages to learn more about each certificate program, including the units offered, schedule, and eligibility requirements.
Certificate in Creative Writing
- The Post-MFA Certificate in Teaching Creative Writing engages students in a systematic study of the theory and practice of teaching creative writing, a salutary preparation for working in classroom and workshop settings at any educational level.
Certificates in Psychology
- The Certificate in Applied Community Psychology is designed for individuals employed in a range of advocacy and/or human services fields, and those who are interested in entering community intervention work.
- The Certificate in LGBT-Affirmative Psychology program prepares mental health professionals to provide more effective and compassionate therapy for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender clients.
- The Certificate in Psychology of Trauma program instructs students in the causes and treatments of trauma in the general population and as a result of conflict and war.
Certificate in Urban Sustainability
- The Certificate in Urban Sustainability program provides an opportunity to explore issues of sustainability through a systems-thinking approach that promotes environmental literacy and the reduction of inequality.