At AULA you will find an engaged community where every voice matters, and there is rarely a dull moment.
Antioch University Los Angeles is a place where individual spirit thrives, and collective community grows. With more than 7,000 distinguished alumni, AULA has been honored to serve the diverse communities of the greater Los Angeles area since 1972. Our core values of social justice, service to community, and lifelong learning comprise the heart of our BA degree completion program, Teacher Credentialing program, and master’s degree programs in Education, Psychology, Urban Sustainability, and Creative Writing.
- Our BA degree completion program offers a unique opportunity to convert life and work experiences into academic credit as part of our dynamic “prior learning” feature.
- Our Master of Arts in Urban Sustainability program, grew organically (pun intended) in response to the increasing awareness of interconnectivity among environmental, economic, and social issues. This low-residency, interdisciplinary program offers a unique structure to prepare well-informed scholars, community leaders, and activists to advocate for sustainable urban policy and social change in the face of the growing global environmental crisis.
- Graduates of our MA in Psychology and MA in Clinical Psychology programs are consistently regarded as the “most grounded and educated therapists” by colleagues and practitioners.
- Our low-residency MFA in Creative Writing program was named among the top five in the nation by The Atlantic magazine, and our graduate clinical psychology specialization in lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) psychology is the first of its kind.
- AULA’s newest program MA in Nonprofit Management is designed for individuals who want to dedicate their time and talent to mission-driven organizations.
- Our master’s programs in Education are at the forefront of developing the next wave of progressive teachers, leaders, and activists to bring about positive reform and make a profound difference in the education.
Partnerships with community organizations provide our students with unique experiential learning opportunities. Innovation, education, and passion abound at Antioch University Los Angeles!
We welcome your interest – and invite you to join us.