The center offers both short and long-term therapy, workshops and community education in the following areas:
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Anxiety and stress management
- Relationship or family distress
- Parenting and communication skills
- Eating, food and body-image issues
- Trauma and abuse
- Chronic and terminal illness
- AIDS/HIV issues
- Grief and loss
- Career choices and changes
- Life transitions
- Personal growth
Fees are based on a sliding scale and are very reasonable. The Antioch University Counseling Center is not able to accept Medicare or Medi-Cal payments. A few licensed therapists on staff accept private insurance, but the Center does not. The Center does provide services for court-mandated clients.
Click here for information on how to make an appointment.