Do I want an MA or a doctorate? Psychology or Social Work?

A PhD or PsyD Degree most often takes five years to complete, and may lead to licensure as a Clinical Psychologist. A Masters degree in social work, known as a Masters of Social Work (MSW), leads to licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and is often oriented toward work in social agencies.

Antioch University’s MA degree prepares students for further doctoral study and also meets the requirements for licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist. These days, MFTs work with a wide range of individual and family problems in agencies and in private practice.