International Student Information


International Students

Antioch University Los Angeles welcomes international students to consider programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.  International students are generally not eligible for Federal Financial Aid. You must be one of the following to receive federal student aid:

  • U.S. citizen
  • U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain’s Island)
  • U.S. permanent resident who has an I-151, I-551, or I-551C (Alien Registration Receipt Card)

If you’re not in one of these categories, you must be an eligible noncitizen, and you must have an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) showing one of the following designations:

  • Refugee
  • Asylum Granted
  • Cuban-Haitian Entrant, Status Pending
  • Conditional Entrant (valid only if issued before April 1, 1980)
  • Parollee (You must be paroled into the United States for at least one year, and must be able to provide evidence from the USCIS that you are in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and intend to become a citizen or permanent resident.)

If you have only a Notice of Approval to Apply for Permanent Residence (I-171 or I-464), you are not eligible for federal student aid.

If you’re in the United States on certain visas, including an F1 or F2 student visa, or a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa, you are not eligible for federal student aid.

Also, persons with G series visas (pertaining to international organizations) are not eligible.

Financing Your Education

  • You must submit evidence of financial support for your educational and living expenses for the duration of your graduate studies.
  • Limited scholarships are available, but do not cover all your educational costs.
  • An international student loan program is available for those who have a U.S. citizen to co-sign with them. For more information see
  • Approximate costs per year range between $9,000 and $22,000 depending on program selection for tuition and fees and $20,500 is estimated for living expenses.
  • Students on F-1 visas are not permitted to work unless approved for on-campus employment, Curricular Practical Training, Optional Practical Training, Severe Economic Hardship, or employment at designated International Organizations.

Links for International Students