June – October 2014
Our 42nd Annual Commencement exercises will be held on Sunday, June 22, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. at Royce Hall.
Congratulations to our 2014 student speakers!
Bridge Program – Manuel Mora
BA in Liberal Studies- Misty Dawn Spicer
MA in Education- Laura Rogers
MA in Organizational Management – Marian Favors
MA in Urban Sustainability – Heidi Kindberg-Goss
MA in Psychology – Tricia Steeves
MFA in Creative Writing – Kenneth Pienkos
We are supporting the Food Bank’s mission to mobilize resources to fight hunger in our community. 1 in 6 people in L.A. County experiences hunger. More than 1,000,000 people, including 400,000 children, are served through Food Bank programs annually.
We will assemble food packages for over 22,000 low income seniors, women with infants, and children in Los Angeles County. The food packages consist of food items like canned fruit, canned vegetables, rice, cereal and other non-perishable food items.
All volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes
Minimum age requirement to volunteer is 14 (sorry, no exceptions)
Parking available on-site
Modest continental breakfast provided
RSVP Required: AntiochLA.edu/dayofservice
Password to register is: antioch2014
Want to help more or can’t come in to volunteer, but still want to help? You can help out virtually! For every $1 the Food Bank can distribute 4 meals in our community.
Sponsored by the Alumni Association and the Student Affairs Office in Partnership with the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
7:00 pm Reception hosted by the Creative Writing Concentration in the Undergraduate Program
EastLink aspires to connect the AULA community to distinct Asian cultures, histories, and standpoints. Come and be a part of a growing community – EastLink – developing at AULA.
Appetizers and refreshments will be served at 6:30pm.
Sponsored by the Applied Community Psychology Specialization.
RSVP/more info to email@example.com.
Learning to Lead
The first of a three part workshop series designed to put you in the drivers seat of your career.
Strategize your Future: This FREE dynamic workshop offers your choice of attending two of the three interactive sessions:
- Networking: A Tool for Building your Professional Capacity
- Nonprofit Career Competencies
- Nailing the Interview: Skills and Techniques for Landing Your Perfect Nonprofit Position
Light Supper Provided
RSVP at www.antiochla.edu/rsvp
Parking is $7.00 or free street parking is available after 6 p.m.
For more than 20 years the AULA community has participated in AIDS Walk Los Angeles as part of Team Antioch Walks.
AIDS WALK LOS ANGELES 2014 INFORMATION:
- Date and time: Sunday October 12, 9:00 am
- Meet up location: Team assembly area in West Hollywood Park, where you’ll get a gorgeous t-shirt with our team’s name, Antioch Walks, on it.
- The Walk: Just over six miles at a comfortable pace, which usually takes until about noon.
- Guests: You’re welcome to bring friends, family, partners, kids, or come alone.
- To walk with us, register online ASAP at www.aidswalk.net/losangeles/participate/register Select the option “Join a Team” and then select Antioch Walks – #3189 from the list.
- Fundraising: Walkers are asked to have paying sponsors. The money raised goes to supports AIDS research and to help those living with HIV. Walkers are encouraged to ask people to donate in support of the walk, but you are welcome to walk even if you haven’t collected any money. If you want to raise money but aren’t sure how, email Antioch Walks team Captain Joy Turek, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us to celebrate the inaugural installation of AULA Library Art Projects – three shows a year featuring up and coming artists, local and otherwise.
The first installment in the series will showcase nine works from “Hunters, Timelines and Topographies” from artist Aaron Morse.
The artist’s reception will be held in the AULA Library on Thursday, October 16, 6 to 8 pm. All are welcome to attend!
“Pansy Division: Life in a Gay Rock Band”
A night of live music and film!
- Acoustic musical performance by Chris Freeman of the Pansy Division
- Musical performance by Heather Huff
- Audience Q&A
Free & open to the public
The AULA community is invited to submit works of expression for exhibition and/or auction at the 7th Annual Artistic Uprising. Past examples include painting, sculpture, photography, dramatic reading, performance art, music, dance, writing, film and video,
Questions? Willing to lend a hand? Email curator Kathrynn Cobbs at email@example.com
Submission forms are located online at www.AntiochLA.eduArtisticUprising
Proceeds from the sale of art and craft works benefit The Bridge Program, AULA’s humanities education program for low-income adults.
- Speaker Gopal Dayaneni, Climate Justice Fellow
- Eat a delicious vegan meal served by Sustainable Organic Local (SOL) Catering Cooperative
- Space is limited, so RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can!